Tips for vacationing with your dog in Radstadt
Holiday with your dog
There is a general obligation to keep a leash on all hiking and walking trails in the region.
- Protection for flora & fauna
- Protection against falling of the dog
Dog waste bags are free to take along many hiking and walking trails.
However, it is advisable to take some with you.
- 360 ° panoramic view
- Hike from Radstadt approx. 3 hours
- toll-free panoramic road
- Papageno-Cablecar from Filzmoos, then about 1 hour hike to the summit
Liechtensteinklamm (St. Johann)
- short leash & muzzle
- 440 steps (some with grating steps)
- at the summit station there is the children's adventure playground "Meistercup der Alpentiere"
- various hiking tours
- popular starting point for hikes and walks
Floris Erlebnispfad (Flachau)
- Family circuit suitable for strollers
- Play stations, relaxation areas & viewing areas
A leash and muzzle is generally required on public transport and cable cars.
For use of cable cars we recommend you to contact operators beforehand to find out all about the transport of dogs in advance. Sometimes there are separate tickets for dogs.
Bathing with your dog is not allowed in most of the outdoor pools and bathing lakes.
There are some mountain lakes where it is allowed thogh:
- Wagrain: Darmoossee and Niederbergsee
- Kleinarl: Himmelleitenteich, Jägersee and Tappenkarsee
- St. Johann: Salzach and Wagrainer Ache
- Untertauern: in a part of the lake at the wildlife park
- Ramsau: you can take your dog with you at Ramsau beach, but not in the water