An unpraralleled panorama at 1768 m
Rossbrand: The local mountain
The summit of the Rossbrand is an absolute must on a holiday in Radstadt. Guests marvel at the panoramic view of over 150 striking alpine peaks, and the adrenaline buzz that comes with it. From the Dachstein to the Bischofsmütze, the Tennengebirge and Hagengebirge ranges, on to the Hochkönig, the Hohe Tauern group with the Großglockner and Großvenediger, and back round to the Radstädter and Schladminger Tauern massifs – the 360° sweep is truly breath-taking! The panorama info-plates around the summit cross provide information about fascinating subjects, such as how the topology and life here came about. The Rossbrand can be reached easily from the centre of town – on foot, with a mountain bike, the hiking bus or by car, and is without doubt one of the most beautiful and scenic mountains in the Eastern Alps.
Rossbrand in Summer
Routes for hikers and ramblers
- From Radstadt via Bürgerbergalm (route 462) or via Berggasthof Rohrmoos (route 461): approx. 3 hours walking time
- From Mandling via Mandlberggut and Steinalm (route 460): approx. 4 hours walking time
- From Altenmarkt via Habersatt (routes 63 & 460): approx. 4 hours walking time
- From Filzmoos via Moosalm or Karalm: approx. 3 hours walking time
Moutain bike & E-Bike Tours up the Rossbrand
- From Sportzentrum Radstadt via the tarmac-suface Rossbrand-Panoramastraße (MTB route no. 7): approx. 12 km, 945 m cumulative elevation gain
- Alternative route: Leave the Rossbrandstraße (H2) and join MTB route no. 3 (Filzmoos-Rossbrand) to the idyllic Steinalm: 2.2 km, extra 50 m cumulative elevation gain
- From Altenmarkt via the Stoneman Taurista route: approx. 9.7 km, 850 m cumulative elevation gain
Drive up the Panoramastraße
- Well-built road. Toll-free Panoramastraße (12 km) to the parking area below the peak – for cars, motorcycles and coaches
- Approx. 20-minute walk from the car park to the summit cross
Drive up with the hiking bus
- Every Thursday: 3x / day up to the car park just below the summit
- 10th June – 14th October 2021
- Only € 1,- per trip for holders of the Sportwelt Card (Radstadt Guest Card)
Great food & a great place to relax
Radstädter alpine hut
The Radstädter Hütte under the summit of the Rossbrand presents itself after the reconstruction in the summer of 2019 in new splendor. In addition to delicacies from the region, visitors now have the opportunity to spend the night at the hut. Expected to open until the beginning/middle of November 2019. The Radstädter Hütte is also open in winter (accessible only via the Papageno gondola lift Filzmoos).
Rossbrand in Winter
Cross-country skiing and winter hiking tours way up high! In the wintertime the Rossbrand can be reached from Filzmoos with the Papagenobahn cable car. From the upper station at 1600 m above sea level there are a total of 15 km winter routes and trails until the beginning of spring.
- A total of 15 km of cross-country ski trails for skiers using the skating & classic techniques
- Picturesque winter hikes and routes
- Ride up from Filzmoos on the Papagenobahn cable car
Click on each image to see a panorama view, time-lapse images or archive shots.