Ice skating, alpine curling, snow shoe tours and lots more – Winter in the SalzburgerLand
More winter activities in Radstadt
A winter holiday in Radstadt will provide you with lots of new recreational ideas. Why not try alpine curling. The sport of alpine curling is very popular in the Salzburg region, bringing together people of all ages. It’s part of our culture. Two teams play against each other, taking turns to get their stones closest to the key stone. The popularity of the curling alleys is matched by that of Radstadt’s ice rink right alongside. In addition to winter activities, kids and teenagers in particular love skiing and sledging as well as ice skating.
Or are you looking for peace and quiet? – Don’t miss the chance to get out in the virgin snow for a winter walk, a snow shoe tour, cross-country skiing or an off-piste skiing tour in Salzburg. For those looking for a romantic atmosphere we can recommend the horse-drawn sleigh ride. Wrap yourselves up in a warm blanket as the picturesque winter scenery in Radstadt flies by. Eventful winter activities await you and your family.
More winter activities
Discover other great winter activities besides skiing, cross-country skiing and snowboarding on your winter and ski vacation. There is plenty of variety for winter sports enthusiasts in Radstadt in SalzburgerLand.
Ice rink in Radstadt
- Machine-prepared natural ice rink
- Located at Radstadt Sports Centre
- Skating boots can be hired at the rink
- Contact: +43 664 99072748 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open from Christmas to the beginning of March (subject to weather conditions)
- Monday – Friday: 14.00 – 21.00
- Saturday, Sundays & public holidays: 10.00 – 21.00
|Group (10 or more people)||3,–||2,–|
|Ice skate rental||3,–||2,–|
All prices are in Euro, prices are subject to change
- 20 km of snow-cleared winter walks & attractive snow shoe touring routes for leisurely winter hikes around Radstadt
- Hiking trails for winter hikes for the whole family
- Accompanied snow shoe tour: Every Wednesday (registration by Tuesday 17.00 in the tourist office). More details (PDF)
- Snow shoe rentals at Klieber Schuhe, T: +43 6452 4375
- Cross-country skiing on the normal alpine skiing slopes of Radstadt-Altenmarkt is strictly prohibited. For this reason there is an alternative ascent route by the Königslehenbahn cable car station leading up to Kemahdhöhe plateau.
- More details on ski tours & safety instructions for skiing in Radstadt-Altenmarkt
- Piste ski tours are possible in Eben, Wagrain & St. Johann (Snow Space Salzburg) & Flachauwinkl & Kleinarl
- More details on ski tours & safety instructions (PDF) for Snow Space Salzburg & in Eben