A leisurely ride through three provinces along the banks of the river enns
Ennsradweg Cycle route
Would you like to combine cycling pleasure with amazing natural beauty and places steeped in culture and history? The cycle route along the banks of the River Enns delivers all this and more. Take in stunning alpine massifs, picturesque valleys, babbling mountain brooks, quaint villages and historical towns along the 240 km of the Ennsradweg cycle route. The route takes you all the way downstream from the mountains to the River Danube. There are plenty of opportunities to stop and stare: See the mighty Grimming, or Stift Admont monastery with the largest library of its kind in the world, or the power of the River Enns in the Gesäuse national park – and the visitor centre in Reichraming, or visit Enns itself, the oldest town in Austria – and lots more too.
An overview of the Riverbank cycle route
Facts & figures
- From Flachauwinkl to Radstadt through to Enns on the Danube (through 3 provinces: Salzburg, Styria & Upper Austria)
- Cycle path length: Depending on the route – between 240 km & 280 km
- Starts at 1000 m above sea level, ends at 281 m above sea level
- Difficulty level: Easy to medium
- Types of cycle path: Well built-up cycle paths & quiet country roads. Some section in Styria on busier roads with optional alternatives on more scenic country roads
- Scenic highlights: Dachstein, Grimming & Lower Tauern chain, Salzkammergut, Gesäuse & Reichraminger Hintergebirge chain
- Numerous cultural & historical sights en route: Historic town of Radstadt, Schloss Trautenfels palace, Stift Admont monastery, the old trading town of Steyr, Enns old town
- Hotels & inns on the way offering special offers and package benefits
- Links to other cycle routes: Steyrtal, Danube & Mur cycle routes
Starting in Radstadt
Radstadt is the ideal starting point for a multiple-day tour along the Ennsradweg cycle route, due to the town’s central location and public transport links (mainline stop and bus station). Radstadt Tourismus is a reliable partner for the planning of your own special tour experience from Radstadt to Enns – the oldest town in Austria. We organise your 6-day tour with set stage stops and well-selected accommodation. Furthermore, you can choose between breakfast-only or half board, and – if you like – we can arrange baggage transfer from house to house.
Ideal for a multiple-day tour along the River Enns. Baggage transfer between accommodation stops can be booked additionally. When you start is up to you!