The easy way to start your Salzburger Sportwelt hikes
Riding the Hiking bus
The local wander buses and post buses are ideal when planning a round trip or if you wish to leave the car at your accommodation. The Guest Card entitles you to travel with the Radstädter wander bus and the Salzburger Sportwelt wander bus for just € 1,- per trip for a relaxing ride to all kinds of starting points that lead to wonderful hikes and trails. On the way there you’ll marvel at the magnificent view of the local alpine scenery. The Radstädter hiking bus up to the Rossbrand – the local mountain in Radstadt – is particularly practical for families with small children, for recreational ramblers and visitors out for a stroll. The walk from the bus stop to the summit and the Radstädter Hütte alpine hut is just around 20 minutes.
Our tip: Take the wander bus on a culinary tour of the Rossbrand huts!
Radstadt hiking bus up the Rossbrand
- Takes passengers up to the Rossbrand car park. Then the walk to the peak takes about 20 minutes
- 08th June - 15th October 2020
- Every Monday & Thursday: 3x / day
- Only €1 / trip for holders of the Salzburger Sportwelt Card (Radstadt Guest Card)
Salzburger Sportwelt Wander Bus & Post bus
- Travels to Altenmarkt, Zauchensee, Flachau, Flachauwinkl, Eben, Filzmoos, Wagrain, Kleinarl, St. Johann/Alpendorf, Obertauern, Großarl & Hüttschlag
- 01st May - 31st October 2020 (runs more frequently from 30th May - 19th September 2020)
- Only € 1,- / trip for holders of the Salzburger Sportwelt Card (Radstadt Guest Card)
- Bus timetables available from Radstadt Tourist Office.
Post buses & public transport
- All year round
- Prices depend on the route and means of transport
Hike & eat with the Wander bus
Culinary tour of the huts
There are lots of rustic alpine huts on the Radstädter Schwemmberg, and up at the top - the Rossbrand. It’s a place to enjoy the peace of the mountain, delicious regional specialities and a perfect base for a culinary tour of the huts. Enjoy a pleasant stroll, a short trek or a whole day’s hike on the variety of routes and trails on the Schwemmberg. You decide the walking distances and the routes to aim for with the wander bus. For more information about your tour of culinary joys – ask at the tourist office.
Special local dishes served in the huts
- Bürgerberg-Alm: Crispy and juicy roast pork in the pan
- Radstädter Hütte: Cheesy dumpling soup
- Steinalm: Cheese snack & Chanterelle mushroom dishes
- Mandlberggut: Home-made pastry desserts, various home-made schnapps
- Berggasthof Rohrmoos: Game & fish specialities