Tips for hiking with your dog in Radstadt
Hiking holiday with your dog
There are a few things to consider to make your hiking holiday with your dog in Radstadt and the surrounding area really relaxing.
What should be considered when hiking with a dog?
- Obtain information about the hiking tour, whether it is manageable for your dog.
- Take enough water with you for your dog and take regular (drinking) breaks.
- Avoid close contact with cows (especially mother cows with calves).
- In the event of an incident involving cows or horses, take the dog off the leach and let it go. It is usually faster and takes itself to safety.
- In every other event: keep your dog on the leash.
- When staying in a hut overnight, you shouldn't forget to have enough food, some toys and a blanket. Please also clarify with the hut owner whether it is possible to spend a night there with a dog.
- A small first aid kit for the dog never hurts.