Christmas is just around the corner
Christmas market in the town square
During Advent the winter wonderland in the heart of the old town of Radstadt is adorned with a true gem. The bonny Christmas market is the perfect place to leave behind your pre-Christmas stress and explore the myriad lovingly decorated Christmas stalls. With such a wide range of items on show, it’s a great place to find something special for your loved ones. Many of the products on show were locally crafted or even made by the stall-holders themselves.
It’s also a good chance to enjoy a mug of mulled wine or tea in the crisp, cold air, or to try some original Pongau fried meat pouches which, like so many local delicacies, warm the soul from within. Various Swedish ovens and bonfires generate an inimitable atmosphere – and provide kids with a chance to grill sausages, while they listen (or losen – as we say in Pongau) to stories. The numerous musical performances and colourful attractions ensure an evening at the Radstadt Christmas market is always a great experience for kids – and for adults.
03.30 pm – 08.30 pm
Dates in 2019
- Saturday, 30.11.2019 & Sunday, 01.12.2019
- Saturday, 07.12.2019 & Sunday, 08.12.2019
- Saturday, 14.12.2019 & Sunday, 15.12.2019
- Saturday, 21.12.2019 & Sunday, 22.12.2019
- Thursday, 26.12.2019 & Friday, 27.12.2019
Programme & Info
- Lots of different local exhibitors featuring local handicrafts, knitted & crocheted items, jewellery & lots of mostly home-made items
- Regional delicacies, such as Pongauer breakfast bacon, hard-cured sausage, home-made bread and self-distilled schnapps…
- Lots of activities for kids & families to join-in: Candle-making, baking biscuits, crafting Christmas items, horse-drawn sleigh rides – and more…
- Lots of music, performances, bands and groups