The night-watchman’s tour – a thrilling journey back in time
Due to its favourable strategic location in the Salzburg Enns valley region, on the pass road over the Radstadt Tauern mountains, deep in the Middle Ages Radstadt was able to develop into a burgeoning trading town. Even today, there’s still plenty to explore in this small and venerable village, between the old walls of the town, the church and the monastery. The past comes to life here when the Radstadt night-watchman sings the famous night-watchman’s song, armed with a halberd, dressed in the costume of yore – and recounting all kinds of stories and legends to engrossed audiences.
Summer schedule 2021
Fridays: 08.00 pm
- 04th June 2021
- 25th June 2021
- 30th July 2021
- 20th August 2021
- 10th September 2021
- 24th September 2021
- Night-watchman’s song at the town tower by the pond
- Capuchin tower: Museum featuring numerous artefacts related to the Peasant Revolts. Impressive roofing construction (well-preserved original late gothic truss).
- Town parish church: Organ music by Paul Hofhaimer (composer and organist from Radstadt. Born: 1459. Died 1537)
- Weisenbläser fanfare from the southern part of the town wall
- Where: Town tower by the pond
- Admission – free!