The night-watchman's tour - a thrilling journey back in time
Due to its favourable strategic location in the Salzburg Enns valley region, on the pass road over the Radstadt Tauern mountains, deep in the Middle Ages Radstadt was able to develop into a burgeoning trading town. Even today, there’s still plenty to explore in this small and venerable village, between the old walls of the town, the church and the monastery. The past comes to life here when the Radstadt night-watchman sings the famous night-watchman’s song, armed with a halberd, dressed in the costume of yore – and recounting all kinds of stories and legends to engrossed audiences.
Winter schedule 2020/21
Wednesdays: 06.00 pm
- 06th January 2021
- 20th January 2021
- 03rd February 2021
- 17th February 2021
- 03rd March 2021
- 17th March 2020;
- 31st March 2021;
- Night-watchman’s song at the town tower by the pond
- Capuchin tower: Museum featuring numerous artefacts related to the Peasant Revolts. Impressive roofing construction (well-preserved original late gothic truss).
- Town parish church: Organ music by Paul Hofhaimer (composer and organist from Radstadt. Born: 1459. Died 1537)
- Weisenbläser fanfare from the southern part of the town wall
- Where: Town tower by the pond
- Admission - free!
Typography is the art and technique
Typography is the art and technique of arranging type to make written language legible, readable and appealing when displayed. The arrangement of type involves selecting typefaces, point size, line length, line-spacing (leading), letter-spacing (tracking), and adjusting the space within letters pairs (kerning).