25 stages · 120 alpine huts · 350 kilometres of hiking
Salzburger Almenweg hiking -
An unforgettable hiking adventure
Hikers out on the trail of the blue enzian will find joy right next to the path. The Salzburger Almenweg is home to 120 alpine huts serving food and drink, and offering overnight accommodation. This popular circuitous trekking route cuts its way through the Salzburg region of Pongau, taking ramblers from hut to hut, and village to village. Walk at your own speed and take all the time you need to soak up the breath-taking scenery. The trail totalling 350 km of pathway can be reached by hikers from all 25 towns and villages of the Pongau region. They can also get back down the mountain at the end of the day; but don’t have to. Those looking to escape the world for a little longer can stay overnight in an alpine hut – in quiet and peaceful mountain environs. Seize your own moment of bliss! There are also two great sections on the route – from and to Radstadt.
Unique hiking experience
- 25 stages: The Salzburg Almenweg stretches across 25 towns in the Salzburg Pongau region and offers you 25 varied stages.
- 350 kilometers of hiking trails: Discover a wealth of hiking trails and experience the breathtaking natural diversity of the Almenweg.
- Hosted alpine huts: Numerous managed alpine huts await you along your way, offering Pongau delicacies, overnight accommodations and warm hospitality, from Radstadt, to Filzmoos or the Grossarl valley.
- Hiking pins: Collect hiking pins and show your passion for hiking. Achieve diamond status by completing all 25 stages, or climb to gold (10 stages), silver (5 stages) & bronze (1 stage).
- Long-distance hiking trail: Experience fascinating mountain landscapes and collect unforgettable altitude meters.
Highlights on your trip
- Stage 20: From Forstau to Radstadt: This stage takes you through idyllic landscapes and offers unforgettable views.
- Stage 21: From Radstadt via the Rossbrand to Filzmoos: Enjoy a breathtaking 360° panoramic view from the summit of the Rossbrand on this stage - an absolute must!
- Radstadt as the starting point for the Salzburg Almenweg: The town of Radstadt is the ideal starting and ending point for stages 17-21. You can reach it comfortably by hiking bus.
- Radstädter Hütte: Directly on the Salzburg Almenweg is the cozy Radstädter Hütte, which offers you a relaxing place to spend the night on Radstadt's local mountain, the Rossbrand. Comfortable hike with a dreamlike landscape.
- Explore the trail of the blue gentian with small stages or long-distance hikes in the Pongau alpine landscape.
Book your own special hiking experience
Experience the Salzburg Almenweg to the fullest with our 5-night package "ALMENWEG PEAKS TOUR". We have already planned everything for your multi-day tour or the long-distance hiking trail in the Salzburg Sportwelt:
- 3 nights in Radstadt: Enjoy comfort and relaxation in Radstadt.
- 2 nights in the huts: Experience the romance of the mountain huts and spend unforgettable nights in nature.
- Hut sleeping bag: Your faithful companion for a restful night's sleep in the huts.
- Luggage depot in the accommodation: Don't worry about your luggage; we will take care of it.
- And much more: Our package offers you a comprehensive all-round carefree package.
Package: 5 nights
Package: On the Almenweg hiking trail
We've put together a multi-day tour, including 3 overnight stays in Radstadt, 2 nights in alpine huts, a hut sleeping bag, baggage depot in your accommodation.
Book your hiking trip on the Salzburg Almenweg now and dive yourself into an unforgettable adventure in the charming Salzburg mountains. Discover the beauty of nature and experience moments of peace and happiness on this unique route through the Pongau. We look forward to accompanying you on your hiking adventure.