25 stages · 120 alpine huts · 350 kilometres of hiking
Salzburger Almenweg hiking
Hikers out on the trail of the blue enzian will find joy right next to the path. The Salzburger Almenweg is home to 120 alpine huts serving food and drink, and offering overnight accommodation. This popular circuitous trekking route cuts its way through the Salzburg region of Pongau, taking ramblers from hut to hut, and village to village. Walk at your own speed and take all the time you need to soak up the breath-taking scenery. The trail totalling 350 km of pathway can be reached by hikers from all 25 towns and villages of the Pongau region. They can also get back down the mountain at the end of the day; but don’t have to. Those looking to escape the world for a little longer can stay overnight in an alpine hut – in quiet and peaceful mountain environs. Seize your own moment of bliss! There are also two great sections on the route – from and to Radstadt.
From mountain to mountain in the enchanting salzburg alps
Overview: Almenweg hikes
- Circuit hiking trail through the 25 towns and villages of the Salzburg region of Pongau: 25 stages & 350 kilometres of trail
- Alpine huts offering food, drink and accommodation including Pongau specialities, and opportunities to rest or sleep over
- Hiking badges: Diamond (all 25 stages), gold (10 stages), silver (5 stages) & bronze (1 stage)
- Stage 20: From Forstau along the Ennsradweg cycle route to Radstadt
- Stage 21: From Radstadt over the Rossbrand to Filzmoos: 360° view from the summit: highly recommended!
- Radstadt: Ideal starting and finishing point for stages 17-21, which can all be reached with the wander bus.
- The Radstädter Hütte is an alpine hut along the route of the Almenweg trail, offering a chance to stay overnight on Radstadt’s local mountain – Rossbrand.
Book your own special hiking experience
Package: 5 nights
Package: On the Almenweg hiking trail
We've put together a multi-day tour, including 3 overnight stays in Radstadt, 2 nights in alpine huts, a hut sleeping bag, baggage depot in your accommodation.