Charming or challenging – E-biken & cycling in Radstadt, Salzburg
Holiday with the E-Bike & MTB
In and around Radstadt there's everything that makes cycling and mountain-biking so much fun here in Salzburg:
- Excellently signposted routes that take you up and down the mountains in the wonderful alpine surroundings of Salzburg with the stunning Radstadt Tauern range and Dachstein massif as constant companions.
- Different levels of difficulty & routes for e-biking, racing biking or mountain biking
Admittedly, the ride up the Rossbrand is not without its difficulties, but it's definitely worth the effort. Regardless of where you gaze from the summit, there are mountains everywhere - over 150 alpine peaks in total, including the Großglockner, Großvenediger, Hochkönig, Bischofsmütze and many more. Those who enjoy a laid-back ride can hire an e-bike or cycle along the River Enns all the way to Styria. Enthusiasts on road and racing bikes can't resist the countless wonderful circuit tours over alpine passes and mountain ranges.
On your bike & off you go: cycling & Mountain-biking in Salzburg
Cycling fun in Radstadt
- A wide variety of route conditions for mountain-bikes, e-bikes, trekking & racing bikes – from easy to challenging
- 20 excellently signposted mountain-bike routes
- Our great view tip: An MTB tour up to the top of the local Rossbrand mountain (900 meters in altitude)
- E-bike charging station in Radstadt town square
- Ennsradweg cycle route: Flat and easy going; ideal for recreational cyclists
- Stoneman Taurista Bike Trail consists of 1-3 stages, 123 km, 4500 metres of elevation gain & 360° view of the surrounding Alps
- Numerous huts serving food and drink to a break and refreshment
- Just a few kilometers away: Bikepark Wagrain (closed this year) & Bikepark Planai
- Lots of recommended road bike tours
- Every year at the end of May there's the international cycling event: The Amadé cycle marathon
- Free maps available from the tourist office for your tours
Great packages for cyclists
Our cycling packages offer everything you need for a great cycling holiday in Radstadt, including tours with pro guides and more...
Try something new & leave your baggage behind
Bike rentals & servicing in Radstadt
* Sockets available for free e-bike recharging. Please check opening times!
** Free charging station for all the most common types of e-bike.
GuideD Tours to all the region's Hotspots
- Customised, guided mountain-bike tours in rural and alpine Salzburg
- Free trial tour: Every Monday (17th May - 11th October 2021) at 16.00: Registration up to 14.00 at the tourist office
- Package offers with 3 free guided tours per week from companies cooperating with TauernBikeTours
eye-catching & record-breaking
Others have floral gardens - we have wheels. The Radstadt Radgarten by the city wall showcases ten bike sculptures built by the bike designer Dieter Senft from Storkow by Berlin. Some of these bikes are even featured in the Guinness Book of Records.
Best known for his roadside appearances as the devil during the Tour de France, in total the trained locksmith, artist, free spirit and inventor owns over 200 weird and wonderful bicycle curiosities - on show in his museum in Storkow. He developed a special Radstadt bike for the exhibition in Radstadt.
In Radstadt, Pongau, great cycle paths await you during your cycling holiday for adventurous or relaxing excursions by e-bike or bicycle. You can get information about numerous routes, single trails or freeride tips directly from the tourist office or on our bike tours page.
There are also great rental stations in the holiday region so that you can save luggage on holiday. So, what are you waiting for? Book, pack & start your journey. Look forward to a magical landscape and great excursion destinations in Salzburg.