AN OVERVIEW OF THE RIVERBANK CYCLE ROUTE
Data & facts
- From Flachauwinkl to Radstadt through to Enns on the Danube (through 3 provinces: Salzburg, Styria & Upper Austria)
- Cycle path length: Depending on the route - between 240 km & 280 km
- Starts at 1000 m above sea level, ends at 281 m above sea level
- Difficulty level: Easy to medium
- Types of cycle path: Well built-up cycle paths & quiet country roads. Some section in Styria on busier roads with optional alternatives on more scenic country roads
- Scenic highlights: Dachstein, Grimming & Lower Tauern chain, Salzkammergut, Gesäuse & Reichraminger Hintergebirge chain
- Numerous cultural & historical sights en route: Historic town of Radstadt, Schloss Trautenfels palace, Stift Admont monastery, the old trading town of Steyr, Enns old town
- Links to other cycle routes: Rastland cycle route, Mur cycle route, Steyrtal cycle route & Danube cycle route
From Flachauwinkel in Salzburg's Pongau region to Enns, near the confluence with the Danube in Upper Austria.
Between 240 and 280 kilometers, depending on the chosen route.
Ascent approx. 1500 m, descent approx. 2250 m
Easy to moderate
Well paved bike trails and back roads with little traffic. In Styria there are sections of more frequented roads with scenic alternate routes.
End of May till middle of October
Theoretically 2-3 days, though it is advisable to take about a week to enjoy the many sights and wonders of nature.
Light touring or trekking bike and also e-bike.
It is advisable to take this trip with children only after they have obtained their bicycle permit and have sufficient experience with riding on public roads.
Bus transfer every Sunday at 11.00 including bike and luggage transfer. Minimum number of participants: 2 people for travel dates in July and August. Other time: 4 people Price from 2 persons: € 75,- per person Info/Booking: Habersatter Reisen, Tel. +43 6452 7788, www.habersatter-reisen.com/en-bike-transfer-ennsradweg
By train to Radstadt (express station). The best option is to travel from St. Valentin (1-2 transfers; 3 hours 18 minutes traveling time; 8 kilometers from Enns, see taxi transfer) to Radstadt. Bike transport is possible on most trains but there is a reservation duty.
For more detailed information visit www.oebb.at or call +43 51717. Alternatively in addition we recommend the bus transfer.
From Enns (Hotel Zum Goldenen Schiff) to St. Valentin (train station) including bike and luggage transfer: approx. € 35,00 for up to 8 persons. Tel. +43 7435 59000 or www.taxi-59000.at.
The signposting for the Enns bike path is different in each state. In Salzburg one follows the portrait format green signs with the labe "Ennsradweg". In Styria small green signs marked "R7" show the way. In Upper Austria the longish green markers again carry the inscription "Ennsradweg".
"Enns-Radweg Von der Quelle bis zur Donau", Verlag Esterbauer, Ausgabe 2019 (only available in german),
Price € 14,90.
When booking a package, the Bikeline Guide is included.